Thursday, August 31, 2017

Day 5: Operation Eat Up: Turkey Dinner

Hey y'all! Tonight we had that turkey I found in the freezer. We even had stuffing to go along with it! I found the butts, or heels or whatever you call those end pieces of bread, in the freezer along with an entire loaf of wheat bread to use! Yay!

Add some mashed taters and some peas and dinner was served!

After dinner was enjoyed, I spent some time removing all the meat from that 14 pound bird. There was still quite a bit! I had enough to plan out at least two more meals.

Not much will go to waste with this bird! I made some bone broth and also had some scraps for the dogs to enjoy in the morning. Now to figure out a way to use up the leftover bones and skin and all will have been used!

What did you have for dinner?

- jess

No comments:

Post a Comment