Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Day 3: Operation Eat Up - Sauerkraut and kielbasa

Hey there! Today is day three and I am still just as motivated to use up all the food I have accumulated! I sure hope the momentum continues through September or until the food is about gone!

Today I used up one of the very many containers of fermented sauerkraut I made earlier in the year. I put it in the crockpot with a package of polish kielbasa and voila! Dinner is served!

I could go on and on about the health benefits of fermented foods, particularly sauerkraut, but I will just point you to this blog post. It has gives a great explanation of all the goodness! It even has the recipe...if you want to call it a recipe. It really is just directions. It is also REALLY, SUPER easy!
What did you have for dinner tonight?

On a side note...those 7 half gallons of eggnog? Yeah, they got throw out tonight for garbage pick up tomorrow morning. The man thawed one out, took a drink, and promptly spit it out and said get rid of them. I pick my battles and didn't argue. Total loss - $7.  Lesson learned.

Until next time!!

-- Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment